Slightly Mad Studios (SMS)
Founded in 2009, Slightly Mad Studios is a multi-award-winning studio with a heritage and pedigree in the creation of some of the world's most memorable and successful racing franchises including GTR, GT Legends, BMW M3 Challenge, Need For Speed, and Test Drive.
With a central studio near Tower Bridge, London and over 80 veteran staff working worldwide via a unique distributed development system, they are currently hard at work on Project CARS which is being made via their own crowd-powered platform, World of Mass Development (WMD).
History of Games
Titles developed by Slightly Mad Studios:
- 2014 – Project CARS (working title) (Microsoft Windows, Steam OS, Wii U, PlayStation 4, Xbox One)
- 2012 – Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends (Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
- 2011 – Shift 2: Unleashed (Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
- 2009 – Need for Speed: Shift (Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
Slightly Mad Studios evolved from Blimey! Games who developed the following titles:
- 2007 - BMW M3 Challenge
- 2006 - GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game
Prior to this many of the staff were part of SimBin Studios and were heavily involved in the development of:
- 2005 - GT Legends
- 2005 - GTR - FIA GT Racing Game
In addition to this the staff have been involved in the development of a vast array of other software including racing games of course but not exclusively so.